Hello Folks. Today is going to be an award day. I have two awards rattling around that have taken me far too long to participate in. The first one is my nomination for The Liebster Award. Now, I love me an award that makes me give some information away, that you might not otherwise get from my rambling musings that make up my blog posts.
I was nominated for the award by Angelina Kerner over at Where Dragons Reside. She’s the author of Deity’s Soulmate – which I am yet to read, BUT it’s on my reading list that I’m diligently working my way through. Considering I’m a huge fantasy fan, her book is right up my alley. So is her blog, so head on over and show her some love!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. Images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award can be found at http://theglobalaussie.com/the-official-rules-of-the-liebster-award-2016/ .
- List these rules in your post.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Give 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for your own nominees to answer.
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
10 Random Facts
- I love liquorice sticks that have chocolate on the inside. But not a fan of chocolate covered liquorice.
- I hate having my nails painted. Love a manicure but hate nail polish.
- I have cold hands. All of the time. I live in Australia, that shouldn’t be possible.
- When I stay in a hotel I always wipe everything down before anyone can touch it. Especially the remote control.
- I just finished Rock Wedding by Nalini Singh and I squealed on the train when I finished. Yes, people looked.
- I’m a Sagittarius, but I’m an introvert. Is this even possible?
- My husband is the best stylist ever. (Random fact about him)
- I hate horror movies but I love Supernatural. Maybe it’s the jawlines and hair.
- Conquered my fear of flying on the weekend. Two flights and no freak out. Helped that we flew business class.
- I would love to have red hair. Dyed it red for years before I let it go to its natural mousy brown.
I’m going to break the rules. Shocking I know. I am going to open this up to everyone that wants to do it. The purpose of this award is to welcome fellow bloggers into the writing community. So if you have less than 200 followers then have a go! There are so many blogs out there that are little gems but people don’t know about. Link back to me so I can have a read. Also, if you have more then 200 followers you can do it too, I don’t discriminate.
Why did you decide to start blogging?
To connect with other creative people. I think it’s very hard to live in creative isolation and expect results. I know some people can do it, but I need to reach out and read other talented writer’s works and see photos and paintings and blogs that come from the heart.
What is the main topic of your blog?
Writing. What I am working on, my process and results and most of the time I’m asking for help to get through that process. We’ re all connected to this massive creative hive mind and I think it’s silly not to tap it when you need help.
Before WordPress, did you have another blog?
Who is your favourite author and why?
Oh gosh. So many. I’ve just finished a book by Nalini Singh so she’s my favourite today.
What was the happiest moment of your life?
My daughter’s birth. Corny but true.
What is the silliest thing that you blogged about?
That’s coming next week. It’s about Australian slang.
What advice would you give to other bloggers?
Don’t give up. Even if you don’t think your voice reaches people and you only have 5 followers. Get out and ‘met’ others. Be honest with the things you love and it will shine through. Building this take time.
What was your favourite game when you were a child?
Dressing up and putting on little plays. No big surprise there.
What are some of your hobbies?
Reading and writing. Honestly, I wish I could say something like horse riding or hiking. But no.
If you could have one thing, what would it be?
A long and happy life.
Who is the person that inspired you the most?
My husband. Again so very corny. But he’s the one that pushes me to create. I would be content some days to veg on the lounge and watch Supernatural or Game of Thrones reruns. But he grabs some editing that needs to be done, or asks about a blog post that he’s waiting to edit and it moves my butt into gear. So less inspiration, more motivation.
- Who would you want to write about your life?
- If you were a character in any book who would you be?
- What would you do if you could get away with it?
- If you only had $10 left. What would you spend it on?
- Electronic books or paper books?
- One word someone else might use to describe you?
- If you could live anywhere in the World, where would it be?
- What animal would you like to be?
- What gets you up in the morning?
- If you could have dinner with 3 people dead or alive, who would they be?
- If you woke up tomorrow and didn’t have to worry about money, what would you do?
That’s it people. Another award post later. I look forward to reading about those that participate.