It’s my second Liebster for the year and I love doing them so much! Generally, I’m a private person, so doing things like this hopefully gets me out of my shell a bit more.
The Liebster award is for blogs with less then 200 followers, and considering I didn’t think I would get close to the number of followers I already have, 200 seems outta this world!
The updated rules for the 2016 award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word post on your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why this blog is your favorite and provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that have less than 200 followers for this award.
- List the rules in your post.
- Inform your nominees that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for their blogs.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Current Favorite blog:
Gee. This is a hard one because I have so many! I’ll go with trE over at A Cornered Gurl. There are so many reasons why she is my favorite blogger (as you can see I have trouble with decisions). Firstly, her work is the kind that forces you to re-read it just because you don’t want to click away from the page. You don’t want to leave the words, and they linger long after you have moved onto something else. The second main reason is that she is one of the most supportive bloggers I have had the honor of ‘meeting.’
10 Random Facts:
- I enjoy eating the cake stuck to cupcake wrappers more than the cake.
- I’m searching for the perfect pair of ruby red high heeled shoes
- I still dance in front of the mirror, singing with a hairbrush
- I love post it notes
- I want to go away for a week. Tuck myself in a little cabin and write. No phone or interruptions just me and my paper and pen. Alright, maybe my laptop too.
- Secretly covet my husband’s car (Not so secret now!)
- Backstreet boys are still my favorite boy band
- The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie of all time
- Cat vomit doesn’t bother me
- I talk to the people in my head, more then to people IRL
Questions For Me To Answer:
Given the choice of anyone in the world that you could invite as a dinner guest, who would that be and why? I should probably say someone like Mother Theresa or an actor. The person I would like to have dinner with is Amal Clooney. Despite the fact I am intimated by her sheer brilliance, I think she sees a lot of horror that people are capable of and she helps fight back against it. It takes a lot of courage and strength to do that. I’d probably quiver in my boots and hide under my bed.
For what in your life do you feel most grateful? That my daughter is healthy, safe and loved.
What color do you obsess over? Why do you think that is? RED! I love me some red! All shades and all tones. I like to think it’s because of my passionate nature, but it’s probably because I can be quick to anger.
What is your favorite travel memory and why? On my honeymoon we stopped on a little island in Fiji call Beachcomber Island. We just spent the whole day lying in the shade under some palm trees. Drinks pushed into the sand and between dips in the azure ocean, I read. Perfect.
Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters. Just start! That was probably the hardest thing. I had heart palpitations setting up my site. Then go out and explore other sites. Comment, like and follow! Blogging is usually wonderfully reciprocal in nature.
What is your favorite dish? My Mum’s lasagna is a close tie with chocolate lava cake.
Are you happy with your current job? Why/Why not? Yep. Love to be a full time writer though lol!
Best memory in life thus far? Birth of my daughter is right up there.
What do you think of selfie sticks? No opinion really. I don’t have one, but they haven’t bothered me. So I don’t bother them.
When you have a writer’s block what do you do to work it out? Dance naked under the full moon. FYI it doesn’t help.
Who was the last person you spoke with on the phone? My husband about a shopping trip to Costco tonight. He gets very excited.
My Nominees if you choose to accept (Also big apologies if you have over 200 followers – because it is hard finding that little number!):
- Lynne at everydaychick
- Catherine M James
- Bambi at Bubbles with Tea
- Deepina at The Untraceable Girl
My Questions for my Nominees: These Might seem simple, but I think sometimes the answers can reveal more about you.
- Who is your favorite author? Why?
- If you were a character in any book who would you be?
- What do you do when you think no one is looking?
- If you only had $10 left. What would you spend it on?
- Electronic books or paper books?
- One word that describes you?
- One word someone else might use to describe you?
- If you weren’t blogging right now, what would you be doing?
- Who would you want to write a book about your life?
- What animal would you like to be?
- What gets you up in the morning?